When you’re selling and buying a home, you dream of the perfect sale. The sale where you can sit back relax, the process moves swiftly and then you get a call to say you have exchanged. You collect/drop off your keys on the completion date and open the door to your new beautiful home. Everything has run smoothly and you blissfully move with no stress at all.
I’m afraid to tell you that this reads like a work of fiction, as many of us know. Why?, because that from the moment an offer is accepted the majority of what happens next is completely out of your control. Not only are you at the mercy of your solicitors’ efficiency, but also that of everyone in the chain. It’s a time where stress takes hold and frustrations set in.
At Ellis and Co Golders Green our mission, and we always choose to accept it, is to be the central control of your sale. We want you to have a pleasurable experience and we work hard to make sure it happens. It is our job to do all the chasing so you don’t have to. We keep in contact with your solicitors and your seller/buyers solicitors, we chase searches, documents and faxes and keep you updated so you can focus on planning your future. Not only do we keep on top of your sale but also that of your chain to ensure that we are in the best situation to advise and keep things moving.
In effect we are trying to give you The Perfect Sale.
But what can you do to help?
It’s all about documentation and information – any small delay can have an impact on the whole chain.
- Identity – make sure you have all your previous address, passport and other identity documentation ready and available.
- Mortgage – Simple, have a mortgage in place. Please do not wait until after you’ve made an offer as you could delay things for the rest of the chain and there may even be a small chance that you can’t afford the home you’re seeking.
- Deeds and Servicing. – If you are selling your home, start sorting through your documentation and making sure you have the deeds to your home and any annual servicing documents available. You do not want to be in a mad panic one evening as they weren’t where you thought you had left them.
- Communication – Make sure your solicitor and estate agents have your contact numbers in case they need to get in contact with you as a matter of urgency.
- Check – If you are asked to fax any documents, always ring to check the person they are destined for has received them.
- Double Check – Keep on top of your emails and post, ensure any documents that are to be signed and returned, are read thoroughly and returned as soon as possible.
Help yourself to have The Perfect Sale.
Not all Estate Agents are the same; we work hard to ensure the service we provide is over and above your expectations. We don’t just say we’re the best; we prove it to our customers every day.
Contact us today and let us help you on your journey to The Perfect Sale.